Monday, April 28, 2008

Another Wedding Weekend

Last weekend we were in Aiken for my cousin's wedding. If you've never been to Aiken, I would suggest going. Let me rephrase that ... ah hem ... if you've never been to downtown Aiken, I would suggest going. It was a neat place!!! However the ride down was quite scenic. After we got off of the interstate and started making our way through the outskirts of Aiken, I noticed not one, but two daycares with bars on the doors and windows. Now, I didn't take a picture of them because I tried to think how I would feel if somebody traveling through where I live took a picture of my kids' daycare. Of course, they don't have bars on the doors and windows. Oh well ... moving on.

The next thing I see is this lovely restaurant that I really must visit sometime. The name of it makes my taste buds go into overdrive and I can't stop salivating. Without further adieu, I introduce you to:

I'll race you there!!! On your mark ... get set ... GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Further down the road, their competition moved to town. I only thought I was hungry before. But then I saw:

Somebody help me ... PLEASE!!! I don't think I can choose.

Moving on to the wedding ... I do think my little cousin made the most beautiful bride I've ever seen. She and her husband make the cutest couple. The reception was a blast. The food was impeccable and the entertainment was top notch. I think everybody had a good time.
My Hubby



Remember when I said that if you've never been to downtown Aiken, you should go?? This is why...

This man walked around the streets of downtown Aiken just playing his saxophone and it was beautiful. I stood there and watched him for a while and I think I could've stood there all night. But, as you'll see, somebody approached him and he just stopped playing. So sad...

4 comments:

MamaJ said...

Aw, that was pretty neat. If I didn't know better, I would think you were making up those restaurants!

Cayce said...

Hence the reason for the pictures ... and you'll have to excuse my mother's impersonation of Fran Drescher in the background at the end of the video. There was no way for me to get rid of it.

Welcome back ... how was your trip?

MamaJ said...

It was fun. I can't believe how tired I get now. It has been two days and I am still out of it. Oh well.

Denise C said...

Hi Cayce...I was just visiting to hear your music!!!! SO glad you got it all working well! Love your choices by the way!!!
Have a fabulous weekend....
Sweet Blessings,
Denise