Sunday, May 4, 2008

Weeds, Dead Critters and a New Bed (Oh My)

This has been a variety filled weekend and boy has it been busy!!! Saturday morning started like any typical Saturday. My kids were up with the chickens. Actually, I think they get up before the chickens. The Bugger had been grounded from the TV for lying and I think he took advantage of my stage of sleep as he asked me very quietly and sweetly if he could watch a little bit of TV. I vaguely remember telling him that he could. Kids are smart!!!

Next, EJ woke up ready to hit the ground running. I really do need to figure out a way to bottle all of that energy. After getting everybody dressed (everybody except the hubby) we headed to LA Weight Loss for my Saturday morning weigh in. I've lost a total of 25.8 pounds!!! I feel so good and I've still got about 25 more to go. I was able to move to the next plan which requires less food. I never thought I'd be happy to eat less food but I am. Hooray!!!

Then we headed to the nearest place to get the Bugger's mop hair cut. I'd taken EJ to the same place the week before and he was none too happy to return. But after he realized that Bubby was the one going to the chair, he relaxed a little bit.

Once my eldest boy didn't look like my eldest girl, we headed towards the house for a day of yard work. I used to tell people that I have a brown thumb ... now I firmly believe that it's black. I don't enjoy yard work but it's just one of those necessary evils. I worked in the yard for EJ's entire nap (3 1/2 hours) and then as much as I could in between chasing him around, jumping on the trampoline and taking a walk around the neighborhood. I did take a picture of this plant. I'm really not sure what it is but I think it's beautiful. If there is anybody out there who can identify what this is, please feel free to let me know.

While I was weeding, I noticed the most putrid smell. After following the smell, I found the source ... a dead possum in my yard by the road. Ewww! Obviously it had to be disposed of and hubby's stomach is known to give out of him when dealing with dead critters. So, he helped as much as he could but it pretty much fell on my shoulders to take care of. So, with gloves, 3 trash bags and a pitch fork, I got the critter up and bagged. So, now the dead critter is in my trash can, triple bagged, and waiting on Tuesday. Yuck!

I'd had about all I could stand of the yard and finally called it quits around dark. I slept like a doggone log ... I haven't slept that good in, well, forever. When I woke up this morning though, I wished I was still asleep. I was so sore and I had no choice but to get up and get moving because I had to be at church at 7:50 for sound check. We made it through though and this afternoon, Hubby and I spent time together assembling Bug's new bunk bed. We bought them for his birthday and we finally had the chance to put it together. Bugger was excited to go to bed tonight. I can't even begin to count how many stuffed animals he has up there.

Of course, the whole time, EJ was a little angel (wink, wink)!!

No comments: