I so very much love this time of year. I totally enjoy the hot weather so much more than I enjoy the cold weather.
Today, we took the boat out today and we had such a wonderful time. It was the boys' first time on the boat and I'm tellin' ya, we couldn't have picked a better day. The sun was shining, the water was calm ...
Little Bit (formerly known as EJ) had some trouble understanding the rules at first. He kept standing up on the seats while were were making our way down the channel. The first couple of times I just told him to sit down and physically made him sit. But after that, I started popping his behind. One time in particular, I popped him and he screamed like I'd chopped his arm off. There was another boat close by and I'd be surprised if they didn't contemplate calling DSS.
Poor Bug wanted to get in the water so badly. I kept telling him how cold the water was but he just didn't believe me - after all, I'm just a stupid mom, right? So, when we stopped, I told him to roll his jeans up and stick his legs in. As soon as he put his legs in the water, his entire face screamed, "This water is cold but I'm not going to admit it for the life of me." Well, he did admit it finally - after his legs went numb!
I am really looking forward to an incredible summer on the water.
No comments:
Post a Comment