Last Sunday morning, the Little One woke up at about 6:00 frantic because he couldn't find his blanket that his dear Aunt Debbie made for him. Upon waking and seeing the time, I decided to let him come on in and lay with me in bed. For Little One, this is truly a treat and it affords me a little more sleep. My alarm went off at 7 and I proceeded to get ready for church while everyone else slept.
I hopped in the shower and upon exiting, slipped my robe on. I browsed my closet looking for something to wear and realized that half my closet was neatly folded on my bedroom floor (ssshhh ... I'm working on an experiment. I'm waiting to see how long the clothes will lay there until somebody, other than me - namely, my Hubby - will put them away).
At this point, Little One was awake and laying quietly in bed. I picked out my clothes, took my robe off and threw it across the bed. Little One sat up in bed, cocked his head to the side and looked at me. Very matter-of-factly he stated, "Mommy, I like your penis."
***choke, snort, snort, choke***
Surely my ears were deceiving me, right?!?! Surely my 3 year old did NOT just say what I think he said. My first thought was to jump up and down like a crazy woman demanding that he never say something like that again. Then, I thought better of it. Instead, I simply informed him that girls don't have those.
See, I try to teach my boys the correct name for body parts as they are on their bodies. I guess I neglected to teach Little One a very important lesson.
No comments:
Post a Comment