Pardon me while I jump on my soap box for a bit. But I'm a bit disturbed with a recent news story (I think I'm more disturbed that this even qualifies as a news story) and I don't think I'll be able to rest until I say my peace. With that said ...
KATE GOSSELIN ANNOYS THE CRAP OUT OF ME!!!!!!
And I'm extremely bothered that she will be on "Dancing With the Stars". Mind you, this isn't a show that I even watch but I couldn't help but feel compelled to read the story on various websites this morning. But one story really made me fume (you can read it here). The first thing that grabbed my attention is how she said she would commute to and from LA for her DWTS appearances. Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but that would be every week and I'm guessing she'd be gone for more than a day at a time. And I'm also guessing she's not going to fly her 8 kids with her each week. Here's a little side story for you: several years ago, I was going to audition for American Idol. Hubby backed me 100% and I had convinced myself I was going to go. But then the thought struck me, "What if I make it to the next round? Am I really willing to give up seeing my kids and husband for the sake of chasing my own dreams?" So, I didn't go.
Second of all, her dancing partner, Tony Dovolani, will move into her house (by the way, he's a married father of 3) while she's training for this show!!! For the life of me, I can't figure out how his wife is okay with this little arrangement and how he intends to spend time with his family. And what kind of message does that send to her children? A married man moving in to help their mother learn how to dance? I can see this turning out very badly for everyone involved.
Lastly, she says she wants to do this to send a message to her kids about the importance of working hard. I'm all for that!!! But here's an idea, Kate Gosselin. STOP POSING FOR THE TV CAMERAS AND GET A JOB!!!! That will send more of a message to your children than anything you're currently doing. The life that Kate Gosselin lives isn't reality so she's teaching her kids nothing.
Okay, I think I'm off my soap box now.
2 comments:
LOL, so true! It was a well-needed rant!
I'm right there with you - and the same goes for Jon. Their 15 minutes were up long ago. GET A JOB!
Post a Comment