Wednesday, June 9, 2010

New Summer Law

The other morning, on the way to daycare, Bug says to me, "Mom, during the summer, I think it should be illegal to use the 'E' word and the 'L' word." Puzzled, I asked him what words he was talking about. "Hello!!! I said they should be illegal, so I'm not going to say them", came his reply. In an effort to understand exactly what words he was referring to, I asked him to spell them.

"E-G-I-C-A-T-I-O-N and L-E-A-R-N-I-N-G", he said with all seriousness.

I shamefully laughed. Then I reminded him that learning and education shouldn't be illegal in the summer because clearly he couldn't spell one of them and needed all the help he could get.

2 comments:

MamaJ said...

Poor Bug. I shamefully laughed out loud too!

The Sinclairs said...

THAT'S HILARIOUS! Don't you just love those LEARNING moments. Whoops I said the "L" word... sorry Bug!