Saturday, May 17, 2008

I Must Be Crazy

I've committed myself to something and I have 4 1/2 months to prepare for it. What have I done?!?!?

I've been running several miles at least 3 days a week and the other night I was laying in bed thinking about what I could do to step it up a notch. Yesterday, one of my girlfriends called me and asked me if I'd think about something. She runs as well and had been looking for something new, too. Wanna know what she asked me? If I'd participate in a triathalon with her. HA!! It's a 250 meter swim, 9 mile bike and 2 mile run. No sweat, right? WRONG!!! I've got the 2 mile run without any problems. I'm sure I can even handle the 250 meter swim but I'm chomping my nails about the 9 mile bike.

When I got home from running yesterday, I hopped on my bike and proceeded to take it around the circle. I thought I was going to die!!! Biking uses a completely different set of muscles. Nonetheless, I went online last night and registered. There's no turning back now!!!

I have until October 5th to get ready. My plan is to continue running but on my off days, I'll jump on my bike. On the weekends, I'll go to the neighborhood pool and swim. I've let hubby know that I'm really going to need his support to get me through this. I'm excited about it ... can you tell?

It may take me all day and I may have to crawl across the finish line, but I am determined to finish! What a goal, huh?

2 comments:

MamaJ said...

Oh wow. You are absolutely nuts. More power to ya! I'll be getting bigger as you get in shape! Haha.

Cayce said...

Yeah, but you have a really good reason for getting bigger. So, it's okay!!!