Okay, it's rare that I post something outside of my normal day-to-day life. But there is a story that is in the headlines that has me fired up. No, it's not Jon & Kate and all of their drama. While I do (kinda) enjoy reading about that, I could care less one way or the other. No, my issue is with the government and how they feel as though they have a God-given right to order parents how to medically treat their children and if the parents don't treat their children in the way the government sees fit, they'll just have them arrested and charged with neglect. Honestly???
If you don't know the story I'm talking about, you can read it here.
I am enraged by this story. I know that there are many sides to all stories but the bottom line for me is this: What right does the government have to tell us how to raise our children? Don't they control enough already?
This post could get really lengthy if I let it but I'm going to stop myself. I want to know your thoughts. C'mon ... I know you have them. Don't be afraid to share. We all have opinions.
If you don't know the story I'm talking about, you can read it here.
I am enraged by this story. I know that there are many sides to all stories but the bottom line for me is this: What right does the government have to tell us how to raise our children? Don't they control enough already?
This post could get really lengthy if I let it but I'm going to stop myself. I want to know your thoughts. C'mon ... I know you have them. Don't be afraid to share. We all have opinions.
3 comments:
Wellll, since you asked! First of all, I completely agree that the government does NOT have a right to step in and decide medical treatments for our children
Second, I am all for holistic and homeopathic means instead of going to a hospital for chemotherapy, but when it has been proven to be 90% effective against his type of cancer, the parents should weigh that against whatever religious beliefs they are holding. BUT, if they still choose to refuse treatment from the hospitals, then so be it! This boy is old enough and competent enough to say, "NO, I don't want any more chemo!" So, it should be up to the parents to say, "Yes, you will," or "no you don't have to."
Third, I read one report that said the father wanted the boy to finish the chemo, it was the mother who took him and ran. So, she should have been in submission to her husband and listened to his guidance in the first place.
All that to say, what will they do if you or I refuse to get a medical treatment? Will they start prosecuting if I decide not to take an antibiotic? What's next?!
I would agree with MamaJ in regards to seeking holistic and homeopathic treatment first. It makes me sick to my very core to know that the government can and will control our childrens health care needs if we don't agree with them. It's a frightening revelation, but it doesn't surprise me one bit. Hence, my decision to lay low to traditional healthcare professionals. The less they know and see us the less likely their involvement will be in my life. I believe that if a child has been a ward of the state, abandoned by his parents, or his parents are incompetant of his healthcare then and only then should the government have any say in medical treatment. This boy's mother ran with him, bad mistake, but it shows her insecurity with her child's illness. She probably needs some guidance and she really needs a long sit down with the child's father! They need to be on the same page. I feel really sad for their situation and more so now that the whole world knows. Can you imagine all the freaks that make up Earth knowing your business? It makes me wonder who leaked this info in the first place!
Big government. Yuck. You should really just move over here and live with us. This place could care less what we do with our kids.
Post a Comment