Our family took a pretty huge emotional hit over the weekend. My father-in-law (who was diagnosed with cancer last year) passed away very unexpectedly early Saturday morning. This was a very big blow for us. He was in the hospital because of pneumonia ... that's common enough, right? But apparently there was some tumor progression that nobody knew about and it very quickly took his life. He was 59 years old. So very young.
Obviously, we were not at all prepared for this. Hubby said it best last night. He said, "I think we expected his time to be shortened ... we did not expect it to be over." That couldn't be more true.
Yesterday, we were headed up to my in-laws house yesterday morning and as we were driving, I looked around at people in other cars. They were laughing, singing and smiling ... totally oblivious to the total heartache felt by us. But I was reminded that the world will go on. Sure, we are hurting tremendously but life continues around us.
We will find a new normal ... it won't be easy and it will take some time and I know there will be setbacks. But, we will get through this and will be stronger because of it. I am so thankful to have the arms of a loving Heavenly Father to fall into when I feel weak. I'm really not sure how people get through these times without Him.
Please remember my family in prayer this week as we finalize the arrangements and get through the Memorial Service.
4 comments:
Praying for you guys. I remember well the feeling of "Hey, why is everyone so happy? Don't they realize??" Love y'all.
Cayce, I completely understand! We're praying for y'all too. I know this is a very sensitive time for your family. But, just know that I'm a phone call away if you need me for ANYTHING! Love each of you so much.
Praying for you!! My heart goes out to you in this time..
If you need anything, don't hesistate to ask. me or anyone else. a lot of times people don't know what to say at time like this. I, am no exception. Even though I am in Alaska I will help in anyway I can.
God Bless you.
Jenn
Post a Comment