Saturday, June 20, 2009

Catch Up

I guess I should probably post something, huh? Afterall, I don't want people to think I've fallen off the face of the earth. Sometimes I feel like I have though. So, let's see ... what's been going on in my world?!?

My grandmother had surgery last week up at Duke. She was diagnosed with Melanoma in April and it's pretty advanced. I found out yesterday that the during the surgery, the doctor removed 19 lymph nodes and of those, 9 were malignant. That was quite a blow for me. So, on top of everything she's already been through, she'll have to undergo chemotherapy as well.

I spent a couple of days this week up in the gorgeous mountains for work. Aaah, the perks of the job! I visited a greenway up there that was breathtakingly beautiful. The section I ran was about 5 miles and I saw deer and quail. It doesn't get any better than that.

Today we went out on the boat. My MIL and SIL met us at the marina and came out with us. We had a really good time. We tubed and knee boarded ... well, Bug knee boarded. Aunt M and I attempted but we've decided that Bug has less body weight to pull up and thus, it's easier on him. HA!!!

So, I'm still hangin' in there. Life is extremely busy and very fulfilling. I'm great, life is great. More to come soon...

No comments: