It's a typical Saturday morning in my house. Little One and I were up with the chickens while Hubby and Bug are still in bed (and it's after 10:00 now). I do a little straightening while the big boys are asleep and Little One and I usually hang out and eat some breakfast. It seems that he and I always end up with this "call and response" type thing going on at some point and it goes a little like this:
Mom: Little One??
LO: What?
Mom: Pardon me...
LO: Ma'am?
Mom: C'mere!
LO: (sounding defeated) Ooooh-kay
This scenario happens approximately 572 times every Saturday morning. During the week, the average is down significantly but it still happens. He knows that he's supposed to say "ma'am" but it's never first out of his mouth.
Well, this morning the cat was perched on the back of the couch and Little One was tormenting her with a pillow. She meowed at him and would you believe that my child looked right at this poor, unsuspecting feline and said, "You say yes ma'am!!!"
1 comment:
Maybe if you'd get your cat shaved in a "lion cut," she'd give him a little more respect! haha!
Post a Comment