That's how many miles I ran this morning!!
I met a couple of friends at 7:30 this morning and we set out. Each of us runs at a different pace so the three of us got separated pretty quickly but throughout the run we would meet up for a bit before going back to our respective paces.
I kept a pretty decent pace over the course of the 12 miles but the first 4 miles were by far my best. I took my water belt with me and had Powerade in one bottle and water in the other. By mile 8 both of them were gone (I really do need to get better about how often I drink when running).
The last 4 miles were tough. I didn't eat a lot of dinner last night and all I'd had for breakfast was some yogurt. So, my energy was absolutely depleted. But I made it, I did it! That's the longest run I've ever done. Of course, no run is complete unless it's followed up with a trip to Starbucks!
Just add another 1.1 miles and I'll have my half marathon licked. Fabulous!!!
I met a couple of friends at 7:30 this morning and we set out. Each of us runs at a different pace so the three of us got separated pretty quickly but throughout the run we would meet up for a bit before going back to our respective paces.
I kept a pretty decent pace over the course of the 12 miles but the first 4 miles were by far my best. I took my water belt with me and had Powerade in one bottle and water in the other. By mile 8 both of them were gone (I really do need to get better about how often I drink when running).
The last 4 miles were tough. I didn't eat a lot of dinner last night and all I'd had for breakfast was some yogurt. So, my energy was absolutely depleted. But I made it, I did it! That's the longest run I've ever done. Of course, no run is complete unless it's followed up with a trip to Starbucks!
Just add another 1.1 miles and I'll have my half marathon licked. Fabulous!!!

2 comments:
Have you thought about getting a Camelback? That might be easier than water bottles, plus it carries more. In the Marines, we ran with those on and it didn't add too much weight either.
YOU ROCK!!!
I have thought about it. I'll have to look into that. One of the benefits of the belt though is it's got a couple of pouches so I can carry a power bar, my ID, phone and chapstick. And I also have 2 bottles so I can put Powerade in one and water in the other.
Post a Comment