Monday, January 11, 2010

A Little Riddle

What do you get when your mother takes her 9 year old grandson to a reptile exhibit?

A Tangerine Leopard Gecko named ... TANGO!!!

That's right folks. Not only are we the proud "parents" of a cat, a dog and a fish. Now we can add lizard to that list!

Mom called from the exhibit and encouraged me to "just say yes" to Bug getting a lizard. I reluctantly agreed as she assured me this was a small fellow and was very easy to take care of. When they arrived home carrying a 10 gallon terrarium along with meal worms and crickets (hey, Tango's gotta eat apparently), I knew there was more to this lizard than meets the eye. And Saturday night, as I sat on Bug's bed to get acquainted with the newest member of the family and felt his ice cold body on my hand, I knew that this lizard was going to cost me some more money the following day. I knew that I was going to have to visit the pet store to purchase lights for this little guy. So yesterday, after leaving the pet store $100 poorer, I called my mom to tell her "thank you" once again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree but this is how it always goes. We will go in and spend several hunderd billion helping these people out and America will still be the bad guys. Anything happens here and it's our problem to deal with. The "one world help all" attitude seems to stop at our door.