Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Snow Day

We got back from our weekend mini-vacation (I'll post about that later) just in time for a wonderful snow day!!! The snow started late Monday night/early Tuesday morning. The forecast was calling for anywhere between 2 and 4 inches. We received about 3 inches by sunrise Tuesday morning. I woke up early and checked on whether or not Bug was going to have school. When I learned it was canceled, I turned off all of the alarms and drifted back to sleep.

EJ woke me up at about 7:30 and I told him to go wake Bubby up and peek outside. As soon as EJ busted in his room, Bug's feet hit the floor and they were at the window admiring the new white landscape. I have to admit that from the inside, snow is a beautiful thing! But I really don't enjoy getting out in it too much.

After the boys had breakfast, I got them up and dressed (in layers, no doubt) and we headed outside. EJ wasn't too thrilled with the white stuff. He started to walk out in it but quickly turned back. Bug, however, was halfway across the yard in no time. He loves, loves, LOVES snow!!! While we were out, it started snowing pretty hard.

After about 20 minutes, EJ and I came back inside to thaw out and play. Bug came inside about 20 minutes after that and curled up under the blanket. Lunch time quickly approached and Bug decided that he wanted to fix lunch for EJ and himself. He made a couple of PB&J sandwiches and the boys sat there and ate. As soon as lunch was over, EJ went down for a nap and Bug headed right back outside. He built a tiny little snowman!

Here are some pictures of our snow day. Enjoy!

No comments: