Saturday, January 24, 2009

Wii Did It

We bought a Wii today! Hubby and I have been talking about it for a few weeks but everybody was out of stock. Today we took Bug to the toy store because his Gift Card was burning a hole in his pocket. They had signs up to let everybody know that they had the Wii consoles in stock. Hubby and I gave each other that knowing glance and he asked me to distract the kids. The boys and I headed over to the bike area and Bug unsuccessfully tried the rip stick and EJ found a car he could drive around.

After a few minutes, Hubby joined us and we headed home with our purchases. We barely got in the door before the Wii was hooked up and ready to go. Bug and I bowled then Hubby & Bug played baseball. I think Bug has the unfair advantage simply because he's young ... we're not! Bug and I decided to play a game of tennis and as I was swinging, I felt and heard *crack*. I looked over and Bug was holding the side of his face and trying very hard not to cry. I realized I'd whacked him in the cheek and I quickly hugged him.

He tried desperately to pull away from me and I just kept pulling him closer. I apologized over and over while still hugging him close. Finally, he was able to get some words out. "Mom, you're choking me." HA!! It wasn't enough that I'd smacked him in the face ... I had to suffocate him too.

Pardon me while I go make sure my insurance policy is up-to-date!

2 comments:

MamaJ said...

Um, Case, I don't think it's supposed to be THAT realistic!

Adam said...

That's okay, We have had to duck a couple times when a controller goes flying across the room :)

We are addicted to Mario Kart, you must get it :)

God Bless,

Adam