Sunday, November 22, 2009

Branded...

This morning when I woke up I knew that I was going to need a nap this afternoon. I was pretty doggone tired ... After lunch, Hubby and Bug headed out to the boat and I convinced Little One to lay down with me in my bed (this is a HUGE treat).

Now, I have a king size bed but Little One always ends up glued to my side. Nonetheless, we laid down and Little One, as always, wanted to share my pillow. I closed by eyes and a few minutes later, he put his nose right up against my nose and started rubbing my face. What happened next took my breath away. This dear sweet child of mine started singing "You Are My Sunshine" and "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."

As I laid there with my eyes closed, I started to cry (how could I not?). It was one of those moments that, as a mom, you never want to forget. I want to remember the moment, the smells ... everything!

What moments have you had?

No comments: