I was reminded today just how fragile life is. I was on the way home from church and about 1/2 a mile from where I would turn to go home, traffic came to a standstill. There were flashing lights everywhere but I couldn't really see anything. As we inched closer to the accident, I saw that there was glass everywhere and power lines were down across the highway. Two lanes of traffic had to merge over to the right shoulder to go under the power lines. I looked to my left and the stop lights that would direct people coming off out of the business park on the right were in pieces on the road. Right beside it, there were 2 vehicles and one was on top of the other. People were everywhere. Then I saw a little girl standing in the intersection and there was a man crouched in front of her and he appeared to be calming her down. I may never know the circumstances surrounding the wreck or how bad anybody's injuries were but I very quickly took stock of everything around me. We never know if/when something like that will happen to us or somebody we care about. Be sure to tell those you love that you love them!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment