Sunday, March 9, 2008

I'm Getting Creative!!

So, I've been doing LA Weight Loss for 6 days now. The menu for the first 2 days was extremely strict. I could have unlimited beef, chicken, turkey and fish. As far as veggies went, I was unlimited on the amount of cucumbers, lettuce, asparagus and several other green things. I was allowed 24 ounces of diet soda a day and had to drink 64 ounces of water and this special juice. I followed the menu to the letter and didn't stray. It wasn't easy though. On Tuesday, we had our monthly marathon meeting at work and I was surrounded by cookies and cake and chips (oh my!) but I munched on my cucumbers and light ranch dressing. I was so tempted to take just a nibble but I resisted the urge.

Beginning Wednesday, my menu opened up some but of course I'm still not allowed to have many things that I would LOVE to have. For instance, I can't have beef but I can have turkey. All of my fruits and veggies have to be either fresh or frozen. Tonight, I decided to get a little creative. I couldn't bring myself to look at another piece of chicken. You can only eat chicken so many times before you're sick of it. So, I browned up a little ground turkey and while that was cooking, I cut up a tomato and pureed it in the blender. I added the tomato puree to the cooked turkey and proceeded to add a few spices to give it a little flavor. While that was simmering, I cut the top off of a green pepper and cleaned it out. I poured the turkey/tomato mixture into the now hollowed out pepper, put it on a cookie sheet and baked it for about 15 minutes. When it was finished, I topped it with a little bit 'o cheese and stuck it back in the oven just long enough to melt the cheese. Voila ... we have a stuffed pepper and it was scrumptious!!!!

I've also learned that I make a pretty good smoothie. Last night was blueberry and tonight is strawberry. Who knew that I could eat like this and lose weight?!?!? If I had known it was this easy, I would've done it a long time ago. Oh, and my weight loss to date is ..................... 6.8 pounds (in less than a week)!!!!!

No comments: