Friday, March 14, 2008

You Can't Wear What?!?!

Today is "Dress Down" day at Bug's school. Typically, the kids wear a uniform that consists of either khaki or blue pants, a collared shirt (blue, white or yellow) and a belt. The shirts cannot advertise anything and the tattletale brand name marking can't be any larger than a quarter. It works out very well. But a couple days a year, the kids are able to wear "normal" clothes. So last night, Bug reminded me that today is Dress Down day and he started listing articles of clothing that he couldn't wear. First of all, they can't wear anything with cuss words on it. I find it a little disturbing that the administration would have to tell kids that. But, it is what it is. Secondly, they can't wear belly shirts. I told Bug that he wouldn't have to worry about breaking that rule because he would never wear one of those since he's a boy. Lastly, he told me that they can't wear noodle straps. Pardon me?? You can't wear what?! What is a noodle strap? Bug said, "You know ... those shirts that have the thin strap on the shoulder." Through my laughter, I told Bug that those were called spaghetti straps. He said, "Well, spaghetti is a noodle."

Duh, Mom!!!!

1 comment:

MamaJ said...

Noodle straps! Ha, don't worry buddy, I don't wear those things either!