Did you get today off? My Good Friday holiday actually started a little early. I took the afternoon off of work yesterday to go have a conference with Bug's teacher (she was gracious enough to see me even though she could've left as soon as all of her kids were gone). We talked about Bug's progress and areas where he needs work. Overall, he's doing rather well ... B's in all subjects. Like every person in my particular gene pool though, he needs to learn how to turn his mouth off. We're going to continue working on that. At the beginning of the school year, Bug had a hard time adjusting to a new school and new friends and his behavior reflected that fact. But it appears that he has adjusted and is doing better.
Bug's teacher filled me in on a funny story and I just have to share it with whoever takes the time to read my blog. They are reading Dr. Seuss stories and Mrs. C (as I'll call her) gave each student a bean and it became their "Who" (from Horton Hears a Who). The children had to journal about day-to-day life for their "Who". Bug's little "Who" went everywhere. He even got one of his toy trucks and let "Who" drive it. "Who" went swimming in milk and even had his own bed made of socks. It was quite entertaining to witness. Well, one day, a student called it a bean and Mrs. C told the children that they could never call it a bean ever again because it would hurt its feelings. A few days later, the children had broken up into groups and Mrs. C overheard one of the kids gasp and say, "Ooh, so-and-so said the 'B' word." Concerned about what the kids were talking about, she approached the group and was told that somebody had said the "B-Word". Yep, they'd called the "Who" a bean. Isn't that funny?!?
Fast forward to today ... I woke up in Bug's bed. How did I end up there, you ask? I woke up at 5:30 with hubby snoring right in my ear. My little internal alarm clock was prepared to not let me go back to sleep. I tried to get hubby to turn over to no avail. So, I made my way across the hall and crawled into Bug's bed (he's visiting his dad this weekend). There is a big difference between sleeping on a king size bed then all of a sudden trying to get comfortable on a twin. But, I finally succeeded and was able to sleep until 8:30. From that point on, I've not slowed down. Hubby went and had lunch with some of his old coworkers and I chased EJ around the house until nap time. After he recharged his batteries, Hubby and I took him to get his hair cut. That was a traumatic experience ... EJ can't stand to have his hair cut. A stylist asked me once if he had a lot of problems with his ears. She said that typically when kids have problems with their ears, they don't like getting their hair cut. But we made it through and now EJ looks like a little boy again instead of a mop head.
We've run all over this yard today. It's been a gorgeous day and we couldn't pass up the chance to play outside. EJ and I went for a walk around the neighborhood. Okay, so he rode in his stroller and I did all the walking. We looked at trees and rocks. We saw a couple of the horses in the neighborhood and stopped to talk to them. We jumped on the trampoline and kicked the basketball around. Now, EJ is fast asleep and I'm getting ready to go get comfy but I have to tell you this first. I just got a phone call from Ms. Lori and she got engaged today!!! She is so excited and I'm happy for her and her new fiance', Thomas. They are an adorable couple and I know that they will be extremely happy!
I'll leave you with a video clip of EJ trying to sing his ABC's. How adorable ... it looks like I've got a couple of musicians in the making. I hope everybody has a very blessed Easter!!
No comments:
Post a Comment