I'm getting ready to embark on a new journey. It's no secret to those who know me well that I've struggled with my weight for a while. I came to the rather harsh realization this past weekend that I cannot fix it on my own. I've tried various programs and while I've had success, I haven't maintained. That is extremely frustrating. One of the local radio hosts tried LA Weight Loss and has had tremendous success with it. In fact, he was so successful that 4 other radio hosts at the same station jumped on board and in 6 weeks time they lost a total of about 125 pounds. Needless to say, that caught my attention. So, I called and set up an appointment for my free consultation. When I walked in, I was greeted at the door by 4 friendly counselors. They all had big smiles on their faces and were very welcoming. After a quick tour of the office, I went behind closed doors with my counselor, Nicole. She is so bubbly and seems to be quite a motivator. She spelled out the program for me - 30 weeks of weight loss, 6 weeks of stabilization and 52 weeks of maintenance. Then she showed me the numbers ... you know, the cost. Initially, I was turned off. It is expensive but when you break it down, it isn't so bad. A quick call to the hubby and knocking the dust off of the plastic and it was a done deal (oh, and a before picture)! Of course, they want all of the money up front and I'm convinced they use that as a tactic to keep you motivated. Let's face it, you're not going to spend that kind of money and fail. Here's the best part - after I reach my goal (and I will meet it) I'll go to the maintenance phase. After maintaining for 6 months, I'll get 25% of my initial cost back (as long as I'm within 5 pounds of my goal weight). After another 6 months, I'll get another 25%. So, I'll get 50% of my cost back. I'll need that money to buy new clothes!!! The schedule is a bit rigorous but it's all about being held accountable. I'll go the office 3 times a week for 30 weeks to be weighed and get individualized meal plans. I can even bring the kids!!! Nicole told me the kids LOVE to be weighed, too.
I start Monday morning as soon as my feet hit the floor. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. When I left the office yesterday, I felt confident that I made the right decision. Oh, and I have a very good friend who signed up as well. We're in it together and we're going to have quite a competition.
So, wish me luck and I'll keep you posted on my success.
1 comment:
That's great! It's awesome that you can bring the kids! Weight Watchers was not a very kid-friendly enviro when I tried it. Therefore, I couldn't go to all the meetings, therefore, I didn't like the program, therefore I didn't use it, therefore, I IS STILL FAT. Hehe, and lots of other excuses thrown in there as well. Why did our brothers get all the metabolism???? WHY????
Post a Comment