Friday, January 18, 2008

EJ's First Trip to the Library

Since we were stuck at home today because of the terrible weather that wasn't, EJ and I decided to venture out after his nap. Our first stop was the Post Office to pick up a package that they were holding for Daddy. While we were there, we also bought stamps. EJ was very talkative and made friends with everybody. What should have been a routine trip to the Post Office turned out to be a little longer than usual. When the nice lady tried to swipe my debit card, her computer froze up. This always makes me uncomfortable. I often wonder what people are thinking. Their thoughts are almost audible ... "Does she not have enough money to cover a book of stamps?" Or, "Come on lady, we don't have all day." Luckily though, EJ was well rested and happily munching on loops (a.k.a Fruit Loops).

After leaving the Post Office, I decided to head towards the library. EJ's old daycare teacher works there and I knew she'd love to see EJ. She sees him all the time at church but EJ holds a special place in her heart. So, we popped on in and she was happy to see us. She got me a library card and we headed over to the children's section. EJ was in heaven. He took every book off the shelf and had a blast doing so.
After EJ chose a few books, we headed to the front to check them out. Ms. Lori said he could "beep" the books but EJ had no interest. He sure does love his Ms. Lori!! We loaded up after checking out and EJ was anxious to begin reading!!!! We had tons of fun!

1 comment:

MamaJ said...

So cute!! I can't believe you have snow! I am so jealous. Can you believe I said that? It's only a little bit cold here. I need you to show me how to embed a video! Talk to you soon!