Monday, October 6, 2008

A Difficult Question

I love my children. I would give my life for them in a nano second. I'm sure you feel the same way about your kids. But do you realize that as much as you love those little pieces of yourself, there is One who loves them more?!?!? I cannot wrap my head around that.

So, here is my difficult question. We all know that Jesus Christ died for us, right? Well, at least I think we all know that but some may choose to not accept it. I can't make the decision for them. But, I know and accept that Jesus Christ died for little 'ol me. (Okay, so I haven't gotten to my question ... yet)

But what about Mary?!? She gave birth to the Christ, to the Sovereign Messiah!!! She raised him just as we are all raising our children. But when Jesus was a little older than I am now, he was crucified. He was brutally beaten, crowned with thorns and hung on a cross to die between two thieves.

So, now, here's my question. Could you allow your child to be crucified for the sake of saving a lost and dying world? That's how much our Heavenly Father loves us. He loves us enough to sacrifice His own Son!!! Could you do that? I know I couldn't. I'm too selfish.

No comments: