I had to stop by the grocery store this morning on my way to take EJ to daycare because I had to pick up some cheese and chips for my leftover Taco Soup (I was sharing with my coworkers). Because I was only getting a few things, I decided to let EJ walk, rather than strap him into a buggy. We walked to the chip aisle and I grabbed what we needed. My sweet child (who I'm convinced has multiple personalities) very politely asked, "May ... I ... pwease ... hold ... ... chips?" How can I deny that? I handed him the bag and headed back to the cheese and picked up the bag that I needed. EJ looked at me and said, "Mommy hold cheese." Awww!!! He's all about the equal opportunity.
We got up to the register and he handed the cashier "his" chips, the cheese and my store savings card. I half expected him to whip out his wallet and go ahead and pay for it. I paid for the goodies and as we were walking out, EJ turned around, looked at the cashier and waved and said, "Have a good day!" She gushed about how adorable he is and as if on cue, EJ said, "Tank You".
As a parent, you hope that your kids are picking up on the good things but sometimes you're not sure. It's time like this that make it obvious that they do listen ... even at 2 years old!!!
3 comments:
HA! That was so cute. Almost too cute...wonder what he has planned for you.....?
OH what a little sweetie you have!!! Good job Mommy...he's learning all your sweet qualities!!!
Blessings!!
Denise
Awwwwwwwwww.......
But you now he is gonna turn around and say. "remember that dayt hat I showed you how nive I can be? Well I want a hot red mustang for my 16th birthday. don't forget it."
*G* J/K
I know how you feel. people tell me what wonderful kids I have and that they were so polite while they were out with them doing X thing.... and I always look at them and say. "So were did you get the alien that stands before you Because I am sure that it isn't my kid." than after we are done laughing I always tell them thank you. Kids always show what we have taught them. and it is so cool that they do it JUST when it counts.
Well Done mom and raising amazing Boys.
I hope to be a mommy like you someday. ;)
Jenn
Post a Comment