Monday, October 13, 2008

Just Get To It Already

Has anybody noticed that going to the gas pump is almost just as frustrating as being routed through a computerized telephone call? I pulled up to the gas pump this morning and inserted my debit card. Normally, I would be asked to choose credit or debit and I would choose credit. But this morning, the pump asked me if it was a debit card. Um, can I get a credit option here? I had this fear that if I told the pump that it wasn't a debit card (knowing full well that it was) it would lock down and sound the alarm bells. I hit "yes" and waited.

The next command was "Please enter your PIN number". Now, this is the whole reason I don't like to use my debit card as a debit card. So, I hesitantly entered my PIN number and waited for the stupid pump to tell me it was okay to go ahead and get my gas.

But that didn't happen. Now this crazy machine just had to know if I wanted a car wash. DID I SAY I WANTED A CAR WASH?!?!?! Ahem, sorry - I pressed "no".

Finally, I was able to pump my gas. After I pumped the appropriate amount, I put the nozzle back and got one more question. "Would you like a receipt?" Well, of course I would. So, I hit "yes" and waited. And waited. And waited. No receipt ever printed.

I couldn't help but chuckle as I gathered my keys and purse and walked inside to has the cashier print off a receipt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is why I have always wished they had a "NO TO ALL" button on the pump! :)

-The biggest fan of your blog