I called Verizon Wireless to make a change to my cell phone plan. Hubby's phone number is on my plan but we didn't have a shared plan. In an effort to save a little bit of money (and given the fact that almost everybody I talk to on a regular basis is on Verizon, therefore I rarely go over my minutes), we decided to decrease the plan. So, I dialed Verizon and a nice gentleman named Larry answered the phone and verified my information (name, SSN, PIN number, Blood Type, Blood Type of my first born, etc). I explained to him that I needed to talk to him about changing my plan but that I had a couple of questions first. His response?? "Okay, so if I understand you correctly, you want to change your plan and increase your minutes?" No, Larry. You're obviously not listening so please let me clarify. I didn't say anything about increasing my minutes. I just said I wanted to change my plan. Isn't it comical how they just assume they're going to get more money?
So, I began again. I had a couple of questions before I got to the meat of the call. I wanted to be sure I wasn't going to extend my contract by changing my plan (not that I have any plans to leave Verizon, but it's nice to keep the options open). I also wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be charged to make the change and most importantly, I wanted to make sure changing the phone plan wouldn't affect my text messaging! After he answered all of those questions to my satisfaction, I told him the plan that I wanted and he happily began making the switch.
After a minute or so of silence, Larry asked me if I wanted Hubby to be the primary on the account. Did I say I wanted Hubby to be the primary on the account? Is there something deathly wrong with me being the primary on the account?? No thank you, Larry. We'll just leave everything else as is but thank you for checking with me.
Obviously, Larry needs to heed his company's slogan. What do you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment