Monday, February 16, 2009

Return Policy

I need to know if there is a return policy on testy 2 year olds?!?!? OMG!!! This weekend has been an extremely trying one ... to say the very least.

For starters, my cousin came into town Friday night with his fiance'. My cousin is in the navy and is stationed in Jacksonville, FL and will be boarding a ship next Saturday for 6 months. He wanted me to meet his fiance' and give my blessing before he left (just for the record, I really did like her. She's very sweet and I think she'll be perfect for my cousin). But EJ was in rare form. I've often said that I think he has multiple personalities. There has never been a time when that couldn't be more true. Now, in his defense, some of it was due to the fact that he didn't have much of a nap at daycare Friday. They had a Valentine's party and I'm sure he was hyped up on sugar. But because of the lack of sleep, he was not the typical outgoing, easy-to-please child that he normally is. No, instead he was annoying and obstinate. I finally changed him into his pajamas at about 7:30 and put him in the bed. The poor child didn't even get a bath!

Saturday morning began rather early ... a little too early in my opinion. EJ has this new thing where he wants to get in bed with Mommy and Daddy on Saturday mornings. Fortunately, when he does get in our bed, he usually falls asleep (or at least lays there quietly) for about an hour. So, it's not all bad. Saturday afternoon, Bug had a basketball game that started at 12:45 - right when EJ should be going down for nap. Obviously, this poses a HUGE problem. During the game, EJ was fine. But as soon as we left the game, he was in melt down mode. Hubby had somewhere to go, so I was left to contend with my moody child alone. Thanks, honey!!

Today has been a little better. We've been able to adhere to our schedule a little more and it has made all the difference. Bug played outside all afternoon and EJ and I joined him after nap time. All in all, it's been a decent weekend. Next weekend, the Hubby and I will be at a surprise party for my cousin's husband. We will be leaving Saturday and will return Sunday. I'm excited to have a night away and be able to spend some alone time with my wonderful husband!

No comments: