We had a blast. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. We got home around 9 o'clock and I started getting EJ in the bath. He's not one that will transition very quickly; he requires a warning that something is getting ready to happen. If I would've come home and immediately put EJ in the bed, it would've been a disaster (hence the reason for the bath).
After bath time was over and PJ's were on, EJ and I went through our nightly routine (although it was a couple hours later. He usually goes to bed around 8 and it was 10 instead). Every night we sit in his rocking chair, he snuggles with his blanket and I read a book (or 12) of his choosing. When those formalities are over, EJ gets tucked in bed and prayers and said. Then we go through the same thing every night, "Don't get out of the bed, no playing, etc." EJ gets a kiss and I walk out and close the door.
I was playing on the computer and I heard EJ singing at the top of his lungs. He went from singing Jingle Bells to You are my Sunshine to The Wheels on the Bus. He had quite the collection of music in there. The singing continued for about 45 minutes then he started calling for Daddy. I sent Hubby in there and it didn't take him long at all to summons me to EJ's room. As I walked in, EJ was laying in his bed ... in his BIRTHDAY SUIT!! Yep, I guess as he was singing to himself, I undressed as well. And he was just as happy as he could be. I had to walk out of the room so he wouldn't see me laughing.
Oh boy ...
No comments:
Post a Comment