Saturday, February 21, 2009

On the Road Again

Hubby and I are going on an overnight trip ... without the kids! I'm not excited at all. I do not already have my bags packed and the house clean. I am not anxiously awaiting 11:30 for my mom to arrive and relieve us. I will not lay down across the bed at the hotel as soon as we get there and demand total and complete silence and I absolutely will not, will not, WILL NOT sleep past 6:00 tomorrow morning!

We are going to my cousin's husband's surprise party tonight and it's a "no kids affair". Did you read that?!? There won't be a child anywhere in sight. Of course, there will be a bunch of men and they've been known to act like children ...

Last night I started cleaning the house and getting some laundry done so that I would feel better about leaving. I'm not sure why I feel the need to do those 2 things before I leave for even one night? But it just makes me feel better about leaving.

I crashed at about 9:30 last night and would like to say I slept like a log, but that is so very far from the truth. EJ has been waking up several times a night and it's really wearing me down. I think his ears are bothering him but I'm not sure. He goes Tuesday to have a 2nd set of tubes and possibly have his adenoids taken out. So, hopefully that will solve the problem. I guess we'll find out.

Okay, I signing off now to get my kids ready. Hooray!!

1 comment:

The Sinclairs said...

That's funny, I'm the same way when we leave to go somewhere. I guess it just makes you feel better when you come in... even though you wouldn't have necessarily done the laundry and cleaned if you were staying home. That's funny.

Enjoy your trip! It sounds like fun... sounds like you need a break from your boys that keep you on your toes! I'm going to quit reading your blog you know, because you're scaring me with all this "older" kid stuff that I haven't experienced yet! Just kidding! Have fun!