Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Oh What?!?!

After we finished with our dinner last night, EJ started singing "John Jacob Jingle-Heimer Schmidt" but he has trouble getting past the "John Jacob" part. So it was more like, "John Jacob ... oh sh*t". I ignored this minor toddler-slip-of-the-tongue and went about cleaning the kitchen. I figured if I drew attention to it, he'd continue in an effort to get attention. I walked over to the table to wipe it and EJ looked at me and plain as day said, "Oh sh*t." I stifled my surprise (while Bug and Hubby busted out laughing) and sternly told him that we don't say that word because it's a bad word.

I got EJ in the bathtub and as he was sitting there playing, he looked at me with question marks in his eyes and half said, half asked, "I no say 'sh*t' ... bad word" and I of course agreed with him. But then he looked at me and asked, "I say 'oh crap', mommy?" (of course, that is all my fault. I say "oh crap" all the time) I explained that he shouldn't say that either because it wasn't nice - note to self, don't say "crap" around the 2 year old. Finally, EJ decided that he would just say "oh man" to which I excitedly agreed that was the best thing for him to say.

These kids ... they're like parrots!!!

No comments: