Okay, so it is a disgusting title but you can quickly understand my weekend. It all started Wednesday with EJ. What I thought was just a simple ear infection was actually that and an intestinal virus. He started throwing up in the pharmacy parking lot as soon as we left with his antibiotic.
Friday night, I had some friends in town for the Singing Christmas Tree at church. We went to Chili's to eat and after the Tree was finished, we headed to my house. As we were visiting, my stomach just kept churning. I excused myself several times to go to the bathroom and on one of those visits, I started throwing up.
At 3:00 Saturday morning, Bug woke me up to tell me he had thrown up. My main concern was whether or not he'd made it to the bathroom and he assured me he had. I went into the bathroom just to make sure it was clean (remember, it was the middle of the night) and there on the rug was a nice "present". I commenced to cleaning it up as best I could -- I was still pretty nauseous at the time -- and went back to bed. When Bug woke up Saturday morning, I asked him why he didn't tell me he'd missed the toilet. He informed me that he'd been sitting on the toilet when he threw up.
When Hubby woke up, he didn't feel all that well. He wasn't up long before he decided he was going back to bed for a little while. His company Christmas party was supposed to be Saturday night and he felt certain that he'd be okay in time. My mom came over to watch the boys and Hubby and I got all dressed up. We left the house and Hubby wasn't looking or feeling any better. As I continued driving towards the location of the party, I repeatedly told Hubby that I was going to turn around and go home. Finally, with one exit left, I did - I turned around and headed home. I called my mom and asked her to get Bug showered because we were going to go to that night's performance of the Singing Christmas Tree. As soon as we got home, he changed clothes and curled up on the couch with a blanket. I grabbed the boys and we headed out. As soon as the Tree was over, I headed home and Hubby was absolutely pitiful.
I got the boys in the bed and Hubby moved upstairs to our bed. Before he even laid down, he made a run for the bathroom and proceeded to throw up. So, we've all had this lovely bug and have wished it good riddance. I'm done with that for a while!
Here is a picture of us all dressed up with nowhere to go:

2 comments:
Please stay at least 50 feet from Travis! EEKS! Stomach viruses are NOT FUN. I hope you are all feeling better!
hoping youa re all feeling better.
Jenn
Post a Comment