I took yesterday off of work and had a day for me. My sole purpose for the day was to spend the majority of time focusing myself for the first performance of our Singing Christmas Tree. Recently, our Praise Team had a pretty heated deep discussion on the topic of excellence vs. humility. It is something that has stuck with me and I felt like I needed to spend a day in prayer and meditation in an effort to remain humble in the face of the task at hand. It would be so easy to be prideful when we're up on that stage singing. But that is exactly what I didn't want to happen.
When I woke up yesterday, I got the boys up and off to school and daycare. Then I drove to the pool and swam laps for about 45 minutes. Of course, that wore me out and I headed to the Whirlpool for the last 15 minutes. As I sat in the tub and let the tension fall from my body, I prayed. God and I had some good time together and I felt so at peace.
I came home, got showered and cleaned up and headed out for my massage. Several weeks ago, a nice lady called and reminded me that I had a gift certificate that I'd yet to use for a massage. I didn't waste any time scheduling my appointment. I opted for a 60 minute aromatherapy massage and when I arrived yesterday, I chose a lavender scent. It is so calming! As the masseuse worked her magic, God and I visited with each other again. I prayed over each individual in the tree, I prayed over the orchestra and I especially prayed over our conductor (who is also our Worship Leader). Before I knew it, my time was up and I was honestly a dish rag (who smelled like lavender).
I treated myself to lunch at a little deli and had a very good Club Sandwich. Then it was time for a transformation of sorts. I went to the hair salon and when I walked in, I told the lady that I wanted to straighten my hair. Now, for those of you who haven't seen me, I have a head full of naturally curly hair. I've grown to love it but there are times when I just really want to have it straight. The lady looked at me like I'd lost my mind and hesitantly asked if I wanted it straightened chemically. I assured her that I only wanted her to use a straightening iron and she appeared extremely relieved. It took her about 45 minutes to do my whole head (I have a lot of hair) and when she was done, I looked like a different person.

I met some girlfriends at church for a time of prayer, focus and fellowship. I walked over to get the boys from daycare and Bug immediately started yelling, "Impostor!!! You're an impostor! Where's my real mom???" Then EJ would have nothing to do with me. He kept looking at me and his face seemed to say, "I think I should know who you are but I'm not so sure." He finally warmed up to me (sort of) and we came home.
Bug and I got ready for the Singing Christmas Tree and before I knew it, it was showtime! We sang to glorify God and I truly believe He was well pleased. We have another performance tonight and then we have a break until next weekend.
I hope each of you has a wonderful weekend. We will be spending some time together as a family decorating our Christmas tree. I will be sure to post some pictures when it's complete.
No comments:
Post a Comment