Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Years Goals

I don't make "New Years Resolutions" per se but I do make some goals that I hope to meet by the end of the year. Here's a list of this years' goals:
  • I'd like to lose about 10 more pounds - unfortunately, LA Weight Loss has closed their doors so it looks like I'm on my own. But I have enough faith in myself to get it done. But I've also realized that it's not going to be the end of the world if I don't get these 10 pounds off. I'm very proud of the weight loss I've accomplished and the fact that I've maintained my 60 pound loss.
  • I'm going to compete in at least 4 triathlons this year - one of which will be an open water lake swim. This intimidates me somewhat for a couple of reasons. First of all, the distance is rather great ... almost half a mile. Secondly, unlike a pool swim, there are no walls to hang on to should I get tired. There are safety boats however and I think I may get to know the operators pretty well!
  • I will run in one half marathon (13.1 miles). I've worked my way up to a 6 mile run and I'm adding about half a mile each week. The half marathon that I want to do is in December '09, so I have a while to get there.
  • Perhaps my most important goal is to read the Bible in its entirety in 2009. I went by the Christian Bookstore yesterday and purchased a new Bible that is separated out by day. Each day I will read a portion from the Old Testament, the New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs. I'm excited about this journey and actually started reading last night.
  • I've committed to spending more quality time with my children. All too often I get busy doing laundry or dishes and I miss out on spending time with them. I have realized that I only get one shot at this parenting thing. There are no do-overs!
  • I'm going to attempt to journal my life in 2009. I want to keep a written account of how I spend my time and how I feel while doing it. My feelings are that as I continue in my daily Bible reading, my journal entries will take on a new tone. My prayer life will be enriched as well.

So, those are my goals. What are yours?

No comments: