I've been singing Christmas music since August!!! I know, it seems is a little early to start getting into the Christmas spirit but that's when we start rehearsing for the annual Singing Christmas Tree at church. So, after HOURS of rehearsal and decorating (I'm not taking credit for the decorating, only the hours of rehearsing), it will all come to fruition tomorrow night for the first of 6 performances.
This is crunch week. We had 3 hour dress rehearsals Monday night, Tuesday night and last night. I believe all the kinks are worked out and we're ready!! The whole thing consists of 60 voices and an orchestra. Hey, we even bring in snow for the occasion!!! If you don't believe me, you'll just have to come see a performance.
Oh, and I can't forget the Children's Choir. The drummer at church and I have been working with the kids for about 6 weeks now to get them ready for their song. There is no sweeter sound than hearing kids singing praises to the King. Kids get it, don't they?
The title of this years' show is "Do You See What I See?" Yes, it's the title of a well known Christmas song but the whole message is geared towards seeing Christ in Christmas. Do you see Him in your decorations? Do you see Him in the hustle and bustle of the season? If not, may I suggest that you slow down and focus on the reason we have Christmas.
Tonight is family night. I've been away from home all week and I need some family time. So, we're going to get our Christmas tree tonight. We go to the same place every year. It's quite a haul for us to get there but it's worth it. This place is in the middle of nowhere and they used to have a reindeer but he's since "gone to help Santa". But there are cows and donkeys and hay bales a couple stories high. The kids have a blast climbing and jumping from one to the other. And there is always hot apple cider. I'm really looking forward to this evening!
Before I end this post though, I have to give a public "Thank You" to my wonderful husband who has made each dress rehearsal possible this week. He has picked EJ up from the church and made sure he was bathed and in bed at a decent hour and I'm so appreciative. Thank you, honey! I love you!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment