
Catch a small glimpse into my life. It's crazy at times but well worth the ride. So pull up a chair and enjoy!!
Thursday, January 17, 2008
The Year Was 1929...
We were sitting around the dinner table last night just enjoying a hearty plate of spaghetti and each other's company. Bug was telling me about a little friend of his who he says was born in 1999 and was 10 years old. Like any good parent would do, I tried to show him the mathematical impossibility. At that point, he decided that maybe she was 3 in 1999 but she was still 10 now. Again, not possible. I asked him what year he was born and he proudly boasted "2000". I asked him what year EJ was born and he answered with a question, "2007"? I corrected him and told him that his brother was born in 2006. Now came the clincher. I asked him what year I was born. He sat straight up in his chair and with a big 'ol smile said "1929". The room got silent and I really think you could hear the sound of air as if a balloon were deflating. As if that weren't bad enough, I asked him what year he thought Daddy was born in and he said "19". I followed up with "19 what, honey"? He said, "Just 19". HA!!! Laying in bed last night I rolled over and said to my hubby, "You look extremely good for being 1989 years old. But boy, did you ever rob the cradle".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment