They Joys of Motherhood
My day started off with a bang ... at 4 AM!!! EJ decided to start fussing and given the fact that I wake up if either of my kids breathe funny, I woke up. I checked on him and he was just fussing in his sleep so I went back to bed. The only problem was I couldn't get back to sleep. My neighbors dog decided it was going to bark it's little head off at who knows what?!?!? It's not a big dog but it sure has a big mouth. I tossed and turned for about 2 hours and then Junior woke up. LOVELY!!! I brought him back to our room with the hope that he'd at least settle down long enough for me to doze for about 30 minutes ... no such luck! After fighting with him for about 15 minutes I'd had enough. Through bleary eyes, I made my way with EJ to the play room. While he played, I fixed some yummy Strawberry muffins. After a bit, Hubby got up and came in to play with us. He picked EJ up and immediately said, "Ewww, what is that coming out of his ear?" Upon closer examination, I knew he had another ear infection. We're beyond being used to ear infections. The poor little guy had his first one at 2 months and he ended up getting tubes when he was 8 months old. One year later, he's had 6 more ear infections. So, believe me when I tell you we're well versed in the ear infection department. In fact, I still had some antibiotic ear drops on hand from his last ear infection. I cleaned his ear out and put a few drops in. I am fortunate enough to take my kids to a pediatrician that is open for sick visits on the weekends. So, EJ and I loaded up and made our way to see the doc. Turns out he has a double ear infection. The doc says that when kids get tubes, there's a 50/50 chance that they'll continue to get ear infections. So, not only are we doing the antibiotic ear drops, we're also doing an oral antibiotic. With my little guy, taking medicine is no fun. He's as stubborn as they come. I've tried mixing it with everything. Ho hum ... the hubby and I get so frustrated but the medicine is a necessity. Maybe one day he'll be a little easier to administer medicine to.After fighting tooth and nail, it was bath time. EJ LOVES his bath. He takes great pleasure in soaking the bathroom from top to bottom ... and I let him. Tonight he figured out that he really enjoys putting his face down in the water and blowing bubbles.
Isn't that great? These are the true joys of motherhood!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment