Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

My 29th birthday was Saturday! It's my last year in my twenties. One would think that I would spend the day enjoying it, right? Well, yes ... I did. I enjoyed every moment of my day. It started early ... 6:45 to be exact. Bug had a basketball game on the other side of town. He had to be there at 8:15 and the place was 30 minutes away. So, the kids and I set out at 7:45 for a basketball game that I selfishly hoped was worth the trip. Well, turns out it was worth the trip. Bug played an incredible game and his team won 19-17. I get such a kick out of watching these kids play basketball. Furthermore, my little Bug really does enjoy playing. That makes it worth every second.

When the game was over, I wanted to swing by the library to check out a couple of books. EJ is getting to the age now where he's old enough to entertain himself for small bursts of time and I want to take advantage of those moments. I checked out 2 books and I'm proud to report that I'm almost finished with one of them. Hooray!!!!

Saturday afternoon, Pam and dad came over and Pam and I proceeded to strip the wallpaper in my front bathroom. When we began, I figured we'd be done in no time. It started off nicely. But then as we continued to peel off wallpaper and glue, we learned that the job was going to be much more involved than either of us had anticipated. I think we counted 4 different wallpaper patterns!!! Oh, the joy. Well, 4 hours after we started, Pam and I finished taking off all the wallpaper and glue. However, the walls are in need of some repair ... more than I have time for right now. So, as much as I despise wallpaper right now, I'm going to pick out a plain paper and we're going to put it up.

For dinner, I decided that I had a craving for Fettuccine Alfredo. Hubby went to the store and bought the necessary ingredients and I commenced to cooking. One of Bug's requirements for Scouts is to help me cook a meal. I'm not sure where we went wrong, but at some point, the butter started separating from the cream and dinner was going down the tubes. So, my birthday dinner ended up being a shrimp dinner from Showmars.

But all-in-all, my last birthday in my twenties turned out to be a good one. I wouldn't trade any of it for any amount of money!!!!

No comments: