Catch a small glimpse into my life. It's crazy at times but well worth the ride. So pull up a chair and enjoy!!
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Great Minds
The day after Christmas, the hubby and I went to La-Z-Boy and ordered some new furniture for our living room and den. We picked out a sectional for the living room and I chose a beautiful deep red color. I am craving color because the furniture we currently have is all BROWN and I'm quite tired of it. For the sleeper sofa that we bought for the den, we chose another shade of red. Well, as luck would have it, La-Z-Boy called and informed us that they'd discontinued the fabric for the sleeper sofa. When I got home Sunday, we packed up EJ and headed to the furniture store so that we could begin the task of picking out a new fabric. Have you ever tried to take a toddler to the furniture store? I don't recommend it. After about 15 minutes, I had to take EJ out of the store and the hubby followed closely behind ... he couldn't pick out the fabric without me. I called my wonderful mother and begged her to come over the next day (Monday ... last night) to watch her ever so perfect grandson and she was more than happy to assist. So, once again, the hubby and I set out for the furniture store to begin the arduous task of picking out fabric. Our sales consultant (who has the patience of Job) suggested we utilize the skill of their in-house designer. After looking at what seemed like a hundred different fabrics, I settled on a shade of blue that had no design to it. The recliners that are in the room are brown with flecks of blue in them so I figured that a blue couch would bring out the blue ... and the designer agreed. Well, the hubby didn't like the fabric (please allow me to inform you now that he is picky). He said it was too rough. He continued to peruse the fabric walls and brought over a fabric and said he'd found what he wanted. Finally!!! We were going to put an end to this. I looked and guess what?!?!? It was the SAME fabric and color that I'd picked out that he said was too rough. Needless to say, that's what we ended up going with and we should have our furniture in about 4 weeks. Hooray!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment