
Stupid, huh? I thought so.
My first stop was the Kickin' Chicken in Summerville. I met my cousin, Tammy, there. Well, her and her friends from work. They were quite the crowd. I had a good time and it was a great way to kick off my weekend. I spent the night at her house and we stayed up until 1:30 AM playing the Nintendo Wii. We bowled, we boxed, we played tennis and I rode a cow and knocked down scarecrows!!! I had a blast but I sure paid for it the next morning. I'm not sure what was worse; the pain in my arms from playing for so long or the fact that I woke up at 7:30 Saturday morning when I had absolutely no reason to do so. I was determined that I wasn't getting out of bed though. However, I could only lay there so long before my bladder made the choice for me. By that time, Tammy's two kids were running wide open and there was NO chance of going back to La La Land. After eating some breakfast and showering, I continued on my journey.
My next stop was North Charleston at my other cousin's (and Tammy's sister) house. I picked her up and we headed towards the Courtyard by Marriott. That's right ... we stayed in a hotel. Teresa left her kids with her husband and we checked into a hotel. We decided to go see a movie ... one that wasn't animated ... and we ended up seeing "Mad Money". It was cute but not life changing. I was a little disappointed at the lack of humor but at least it wasn't a kid movie. We went back to the hotel and relaxed for a bit before heading to dinner at Nakato's. I stuffed myself stupid on unnecessary carbs!!!! We made a stop at Piggly Wiggly before retiring for the evening. While at the store, we picked up some "Girls Night" essentials. Well, they are essentials for a Teresa & Cayce Girls Night. Does anybody see the oxymoron?
In case you can't tell exactly what everything is, allow me to list it for you:
- Mayfield Vanilla Ice Cream
- Mini Oreos
- Whole Milk
- DIET PEPSI!!!!
Yep!!!! While we're on the subject of oxymorons ... next time you're in an elevator, take a look at the department that does the inspections. Wanna know who it is in South Carolina??? The Department of Elevators and Amusement Parks. HA!!!! Whose bright idea was it to combine those two? I can imagine the jokes ... can't you?
Teresa and I devoured our little snack essentials and crawled into our beds. We had already decided that we wanted to catch a movie coming on the Hallmark Channel. But the hotel didn't have the Hallmark Channel. They didn't have Lifetime. They didn't have any movie channels!!! However, they did have 4 sports channels and 5 news channels. Um, no thanks. We ended up setting the sleep timer and we were both out before the TV ever turned off. At some point, I woke up and the room was pitch black. I didn't want to turn over and look at the clock because I was afraid that it was time to get up and I was WAY too comfy for that. But I have this thing about needing to know what time it is when I wake up at night. I forced myself to look at the clock and it was 4:30 ... whew. I still had time to sleep. I dozed back off and woke up again at 6:00 for no apparent reason. Teresa was awake too. Again, I had absolutely no reason to be awake but there I was ... bright eyed. Rather than fight it, we turned the TV on and lo and behold, all the good movies were on!!! Figures...
No comments:
Post a Comment