There are a few funny things that have happened recently. Sunday, Bug and I were working on some of his AWANA's stuff. There are Bible verses that he has to memorize in order to advance. If I may digress for a moment ... at the end of the AWANA "year", anybody who has completed their book gets to throw a pie in his/her teacher's face. What kid doesn't want to slather their teacher's face with a pie??? Anyway, back to the funny part. So, Bug is less than thrilled to divert his attention from the famous Animal Planet and give God (no, I'm not claiming to be God here) some attention. I started talking in spite of his resistance and he laid himself back on the couch pillows, threw his hands in the air and started the motion that looks like a duck quacking (try to visualize here ... my descriptive department is out to lunch) and says, "Wa, wa, wa, wa, wa." You know, like the person talking talking on Charlie Brown?!?!? It was one of those moments where I knew he was being completely disrespectful but at the same time it was funny. __________________________________________________________
Yesterday, Bug got his Progress Report. There were some things on there that I wasn't pleased with and we discussed it at great length. I went line by line and told him what everything meant
and what he could do to improve. Basically, he needs to slow down and concentrate on what's in front of him. He could improve some things without even putting forth much of an effort. Then we got to the line that said he needed improvement in the talking department. Well, he doesn't need help talking ... he needs help shutting up!!! He looked at me and said, "I can't help it. I was born to be a chatter box." Bwah-ha-ha!!!
___________________________________________________________
Bug informed me recently that he has a new girlfriend. Here's the dialogue:
Bug: I got a new girlfriend today.
Mom: Really? What's her name?
Bug: (name omitted)
Mom: Is she cute?
Bug: Of course!!! She has another boyfriend but he's cheating on her with another woman.
Mom: Honey, if she has a boyfriend already, you can be her friend but that's it.
Bug: Don't worry. I'm going to make sure they break up tomorrow.
Ah - young love!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment