Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day or April Fools Day? You Decide...

I hope everybody reading this had a great V-day with the one you love. Mine started out as an ordinary day ... woke up early, got ready, got the kids up, etc. I'd bought a card for my hubby and signed it and had Bug sign the card from they boys. Before I left, I put both cards on the bathroom mirror so hubby would be sure to find them. About 11:00, my dearly beloved called me and thanked me and I tried to play a little game with him. "Thanks for what?" was my reply and he quickly thanked me for 'the bear'. I explained to him that I didn't send him a bear. We bantered back and forth for about 5 minutes on whether or not I actually sent him this bear. He told me that he'd gotten a bear delievered to him at work with a note attached that said, "Happy Valentine's Day ... me." At this point, I was getting extremely irritated because I knew that I didn't send him a stupid bear and I told him so ... again. Finally, my prankster of a husband started laughing and I knew it was all a big joke.
After leaving work, I went to the daycare to pick up my kids and when I got to Bug's room, he came out looking horrible. It was painfully obvious that he didn't feel good. I felt his head and he was burning up. Turns out, he hadn't felt good all day but never said anything to anybody. When we got home, I took his temperature and it was 101.9. I dosed him up with Motrin and put him in the bath. He is pitiful!!

Now, EJ on the other hand felt fine. He was quite full of himself actually.
When the prankster got home, he brought flowers. I guess he knew I was upset at him and he had to fix it somehow. I think he did well!!!

Today, Bug and I are just hanging out at home. I took him to the doctor and they did a strep test and a flu test ... both were negative. He's supposed to play in a basketball tournament tomorrow and have a friend over for a sleepover. I don't think either are going to happen though. I just hope he feels better soon. He was talking to Grammy earlier and he made the comment that "mom is the only one that will get near me". He's too young to know the impact of those words but to me, it's just one of the many ways that I show him how much I love him. After all, isn't that what Valentine's is all about (even if it is the day after)?

2 comments:

MamaJ said...

So who sent the bear????

Cayce said...

Well, it was all a joke. I got my fur up and it was all a joke. A big 'ol April Fools type joke!!!