Last night, I planted EJ in his playroom (which is actually supposed to be the dining room) so that he could safely play and I could clean up the kitchen. I heard some banging and clanging but that isn't unusual so I ignored it (I should mention here that I don't suggest ignoring even the slightest sound when your extremely curious 21 month old is in a "perfectly" safe room). After a few more minutes, I glanced in there and he had his hand ... HIS HAND ... down the little hole that is usually covered by an air vent. That's right folks, my extremely curious child has figured out how to remove the air vent covering from the floor. I must've looked like a gold medal track star as I jumped the baby gate as if it were a mere hurdle. I yanked EJ's arm (okay, I didn't yank) out of the air vent and firmly told him "No ... that will hurt you!" And like all of the well intentioned child rearing books tell you to do, I redirected his attention to another toy. I repositioned the vent cover and while Mr. Curious-as-a-Cat wasn't looking, I moved his toy box over and left the room. I stood there and watched him and that little stinker walked over to his toy box, put his 2 chubby little hands on it, and started pushing. The whole time he was looking at me and the look on his face said, "How long did you think this was going to stop me, dummy?" I've got my hands full with this one!!
No comments:
Post a Comment