Monday, February 4, 2008

What Was Your Superbowl Prediction?

I didn't make one. I wasn't as into the Big Game this year as I have been in years past. I wanted New York to win just because I didn't want the Patriots to go 19-0, but I could've really cared less one way or the other. A co-worker called me yesterday evening as I was leaving the grocery store to ask me what my predictions were. I told her that I predicted I was going to make the best homemade macaroni and cheese and ham bake I'd ever made. Hubby wasn't going to be home and I had my tastebuds set (Hubby isn't crazy about that meal so I can only make it when he's not home). We chatted for a bit about who we would like to see win (New York) and when I got home, I started unloading groceries. As I was walking up the steps, I heard a "ka-thud" and turned around to see a jar of spaghetti sauce rolling down the steps and headed straight for the tile floor. There wasn't anything I could do except stand there helplessly with my arms full of groceries. Of course, as soon as it hit the tile floor, the jar shattered ... glass and sauce went everywhere. Now, I'd spent all day scrubbing floors and the LAST thing I wanted to do was get down on my hands and knees again. But, I had no choice. After I got that cleaned up, the hubby called to let me know that he was going to pick up a pizza and come home ... his plans had changed. I couldn't help but pick up the phone and call my co-worker back and tell her how happy I was that I didn't make a prediction about the Big Game because everything that I'd told her earlier, the opposite had happened. It happens like that sometimes!!

No comments: