No, not of Tropical whatever Hanna but of the tornado that hit my house last night. Of course I don't mean in the literal sense but you'd never know that by looking at Bug's room. At 10:15 last night, I got Bug and his friend settled into bed. Well, I got them settled into Bug's room at least. I set the timer on the TV for an hour and 10 minutes and told them the volume on the TV didn't need to change volume and neither did their voices. I was going to bed and didn't want to be kept awake all night by two over excited boys. I drifted off to the land of zzz's with no problems.
This morning started really early!! We're talking about 7:00 ... both boys not-so-quietly snuck out of Bug's room and of course my super sensitive mom ears perked right up. I heard the front door open and then shut. I laid there knowing that they were going to scout out creepy crawly critters. After all, these are the two boys that went outside at 9:30 last night to look for frogs (they didn't find any but they did find a deer). A few minutes later they came back inside just as quietly (or not-so-much) as they left. Bug was in my face in a matter of minutes showing me a slug that they found and bottled for me.
It wasn't long after that before EJ woke up and wanted to join in the fun. All three boys ate cereal and now Bug and his friend are down at the pond trying to catch tadpoles. EJ is begging to go outside and I've not even gotten dressed yet. I guess I should do that or I'm going to be forced to listen to the constant whining of my 2 year old. That's not what I want at 9:30 on a Saturday morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment