Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Young Love

Bug has a new girlfriend and he was invited to her birthday party this past weekend. When she gave him the invitation, I started asking him what gift he wanted to get her. He thought about it and couldn't come up with anything. The day of the party, Bug told me that he'd figured out what to get her ... a necklace with a heart on it.
As we were getting ready to leave, I sniffed and realized that Bug had sprayed some of his cologne. Then he asked me if he could use some of dad's deodorant because he "was becoming a man". WHAT?? I also noticed that he had wet his hair and combed it.

We went to Target and Bug picked out a very nice looking necklace and then found a little card for her, too. As we were walking out, I told him that he needed to get her a flower to go along with necklace. We headed to the nearest grocery store and found a pink carnation with some greenery. It was perfect!!

When we arrived at her house, Bug hid the flower behind his back and as soon as she came out of the house, he handed it to her. She looked at it and shrugged her shoulders. I think Bug got a little embarrassed because he quickly pointed at me and said, "She made me do it."
After the party, I went back to get him and he was upstairs in the toy room. Her dad made the comment that any boy who gave his daughter flowers and a necklace wasn't allowed past the first step!

No comments: