We had a wonderful program at church Sunday night called Night of Worship. Just like the name would lead you to believe, it was an incredible hour and a half that was filled with true worship. This was the second Night of Worship that my church has done and I have been blessed enough to be involved with each of them.
The turnout for the first one was amazing. We had a packed house and God was definitely glorified that night. So, we knew that if we were going to have a second one, it would have to be just as good or better. Let me just say that God was all over the place Sunday night. People were moved by the Spirit in ways that I've never imagined.
Sunday morning, a friend and I met for a bike and run and afterwards, we spend some time in prayer. I acknowledged to God that I knew He was going to move some hearts. I told Him that I didn't need to know who was brought face to face with the Almighty but I was going to rest in the fact that He was going to convict some people.
Towards the end of the program, our drama team did this skit and powerful doesn't even come close to describing it. After it was over, our Praise & Worship director had those of us on the Praise Team scatter throughout the auditorium and pray with people. I prayed with a lady who I'm blessed to have as a friend. She's going through some tough times and the whole program really moved her.
After the prayer time, we all went back up on the stage and began to sing "Jesus Paid It All" and as we were beginning the second verse, I saw Bug coming down the aisle and he fell at the altar. I tried to compose myself but it was useless. I laid my mic down and knelt down with him and began praying. He told me that he wanted to trust Jesus with his life ... he wanted Jesus to live in him. I felt and heard people around us and I looked and 3 or 4 of his friends were knelt down around him and praying over him. Then, the same lady that I'd prayed with just moments earlier came and prayed with us. It was truly a moment I will never forget. As a mother, I am so proud of him for taking that step out on faith and at the same time, I'm humbled by the faith of my child.
On the way home that night, Bug told me that the skit had really gotten to him and that he didn't want the devil to have him ... he wanted Jesus to have him!! I am so excited that I will get to spend eternity with my little boy!!! I feel like I constantly question whether or not I'm doing right by my kids. His decision affirmed for me that I am doing the right thing.
Praise the Lord!!
2 comments:
Yeah!! Way to go Buddy!
Thank you so much for sharing what an amazing skit. was that one in your church. or was that one you found on the net? if it is your church what a beautiful place. WOW!
You are a lucky mom. I have three of my children that i am blessed to be with for all eternity too. ;) it is so special. congratulations to both of you.
Jenn
Post a Comment