After church today (which was awesome, I must say), we came home, ate lunch and went our separate ways - EJ went down for a nap, Bug went to play, Hubby made his way to the "man room" and I went for a swim. The triathlon is 4 weeks away and swimming is my weakest event. There is an indoor swimming pool not far from here and I've been visiting frequently over the past week. Today, I joined the complex and that entitles me to the pool, sauna, whirlpool, fitness center, etc. So, I swam 850 meters today and I feel pretty good.
Oh, but back to family time (considering that is the title of the post) ... when I got home and EJ woke up from his nap, I decided that we needed to take a trip to the grocery store. I'm not sure what possessed me to do such a thing but off we went. EJ was just there yesterday with Hubby and he knows the drill. As soon as we walked in, he saw Harry the Friendly Dinosaur (the ride) and a Harry display that was giving out cookies. EJ immediately asked for a cookie, as did Bug. With cookies in hand mouth, we aimlessly walked through the grocery store to pick up what was needed.
On the way out, EJ asked to ride the ride and I deposited 50 cents into this green thing. And I started wondering, how much does that dinosaur make in a week? Whoever came up with those things is living a good life ... a really good life. They are sitting back and twiddling their thumbs while the rest of us are making a living so we can feed this crazy machine money. Why didn't I think of something like that?
No comments:
Post a Comment