Friday, September 26, 2008

The Gas Crisis

We are in the midst of a gas crisis. Now, I firmly believe that the media has blown it a little out of proportion, but there is a gas shortage. Apparently, the pipeline that delivers gasoline to this area has been shut down because of Hurricane Ike.

When news of the impending hurricane hit the air waves, people started filling up their gas tanks and anything else that would hold gas. The obvious result was that some of the gas stations ran out of gas. But after the hurricane did its damage, things went back to normal.

On Wednesday (of this week), I noticed that cars were starting to line up at the pumps and by Thursday, traffic was backed up for at least a mile at the two gas stations closest to my house. Now, they are out of gas. People are freaking out and even fighting - I mean throwing punches and pulling guns - at the gas stations.

When I was on my way to the daycare yesterday to pick up the boys, they had police officers directing traffic ... in the gas station parking lot!!!

When will the madness end?

No comments: