Friday, November 28, 2008

But Mom, I NEED That!!!

I decided that EJ and I would venture out this morning to take care of a little Christmas shopping. Of course, I didn't run out at 4 o'clock in the morning but I went out none-the-less. I headed to BJ's to drop off my contact lens prescription and take a gander. I thought that I might possibly pick up a few things for the boys so I headed to the toy aisles. The first thing EJ saw was Elmo. All of a sudden, it was a matter of life or death and he needed that Elmo. He even told me as much - "But Mommy, I need that Elmo. I need that Elmo, Mommy."

I quickly decided that I can no longer take EJ Christmas shopping with me. I knew this day would be here eventually. I just wish it would have waited another year!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too dont like it whent hey get old enough to not go with us anymore. It was nice when they were old enough to show us interest in what they would like. But young enough that if you bought it they quickly forgot and when they opened it on Christmas they were all.... yeah ... yeah just what I wanted.
Now it isnt as easy to shop for them. But they still smile because they know it comes from our hearts. even if it isnt what they HAD to have.
Jenn

The Sinclairs said...

Thanks for the comment on the Christmas Tree... better get yours up soon... Christmas will be here before you know it!

Anonymous said...

http://mom2my6pack.blogspot.com/
I thought you might like to see that another mom is dealing with a lying thing. this one you will have to go back ont o read the whole thing. BUT she made him write an essay on it. this one cracked me up and I thought you might need a laugh.
Jenn