Monday, July 7, 2008

He's Baaaaaack

So, the Bugger is back from camp ... I picked him up Friday. When I sent him off, I felt like I was the most organized mom in the world. I separated his clothes out and put each days stuff in individual Ziploc bags complete with his clothes for the day, a change of underwear and socks. I labeled each bag with the day of the week and explained the system to Bug. I made him a shower bag, too, with brand new travel soap, shampoo and toothpaste. I even bought him a brand new toothbrush and a nifty little cap to keep it clean. I told him that when he went down to the bath house to take his bag of clothes and his shower bag and put them in a grocery bag to keep everything together. I felt good about my little system...

When I was unpacking his suitcase Friday afternoon, I took out his dirty clothes (and they were filthy) and ONE PAIR OF DIRTY UNDERWEAR. I'm embarrassed to admit it but my kid changed his underwear one time in 5 days!!! To make matters worse, I pulled out his shower bag and the travel soap, shampoo and toothpaste - along with his new toothbrush - were just as new as the day I put them in the bag. Ewww!!

I called Bug into my room and questioned his shower schedule and he told me that he took 2 showers a day. I pointed out that unless he used somebody else's toiletries, he wasn't clean. He told me that he was in fact clean because he let the hot water knock the dirt off of him. I put him in the bath Friday night and proceeded to scrub him from head to toe and that water was black!

I guess boys will be boys!!

4 comments:

MamaJ said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! Is this what I have to look forward to????

Cayce said...

Yep ... don't even bother packing more than 2 pair of clothes or any toiletries. And to think I was stressed over what he should take. Ugh...

Anonymous said...

BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
I did this once. and after that I let them pack. they seem to do a better job of it than me. and boys wont shower unless we as moms make them anyway. no biggy momma....

kissofheaven77 said...

I think you made things too complicated for his feeble little mind to comprehend. Next time just let him take the lead. See where it goes. hahahaha.